Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Choose to be Happy!

So here is the thing! I got your e-mail last week and I was so excited to get a sweet package from you and all that, so my comp and another missionary went down on the bikes to the boat dock and looked and looked and looked. And guess what.. they didn't find her?????? Then the worst part of it all is that we haven't heard anything from her? Like if she dropped it off with someone or what happened? I think it disappeared off of the face of the earth.... I sure hope that it gets found. I even talked to that Pres. Chi to see if someone called them but they didn't...

Well it sounds like, as always, Megan is running around like a crazy girl and having tons of fun at the same time. I just feel bad for you all having to have a whole house full of teenage girls running around screaming and all that.... hahaha But I’m sure that it was a blast. No big deal right, at least they all had some fun getting ready for the game. I also remember good ol' Coach Smith. He used to get pretty upset with us too. So you can tell Megan that I know how she feels. But as they say in show business - the show must go on.. =)

Also I was remembering about Dad's birthday on the 22!!!!

Happy birthday dad!!!

But really I’m all up to date on your birthday, dad. =P (haha) But to be honest I’m really not that good with the whole dates and all that - as you know.

So Dan came back from his missiona and Jenny Webbre? I saw her in the MTC at the same time as me... Man that means I’m getting pretty old in the mission then!! But I sure hope that they all did great and enjoyed their missions like I’m enjoying mine.

1 – Have you been playing b-ball yet? (We heard that is a popular sport in Belize….your sis is going to “burn” you when you get back J)

Well the thing is that I’ve been feeling a little bit under the weather these last few days so I haven't played really much of any sports. I’ve just riding around in my bike hoping that I’m not going to get any fatter. I don't believe that I’m fat - just not as skinny as I used to be. Probably because I don't play lacrosse here for 4 hours a day. Crazy to think that huh?

2 – Photos for your family?

Photos? Well they are to come soon... I didn't bring my cable to the camera with me. Plus I’m pretty sure these machines here in the cyber have viruses so I’m a little hesitant to put my things into them after my hard drive experience... But every few free moments that I have I’ll send you some pictures just keep reminding me and I’ll do it. =)

3 - Have you been able to resolve your hard-drive issues or do you need a new one?

Well I gave it to the computer guy and I’m pretty sure that I have all of them recovered but I just need to go and get it back from them. They had this recovery program that found everything... I hope..

4 – What’s your favorite scripture of the day?

Helaman 5:12.. That was the first one in my head - then probably Alma 40 and 41. I don't know I have tons.. I have really fallen in love with church literature lately. Probably because I actually pay attention to it now... on the mission of course. But before it kind of just went in one ear and out the other and now I can see applications for it all.. =)

5 - What was your excitement for the week?

Well this week..... We have like always been running around like crazies and doing the very best we can to have fun. But one of the best things that happened is a sister Desiree Humes is going to be baptized this week. I mentioned her to you a while ago but she is the accountant and on Saturday she is going to be baptized. She really is an amazing lady.

Also, I have a quote from Elder David A. Bednar "for every question in life either a Doctrine or a Principle is the answer" or something to that extent. So to fix all of our problems we just need to look for the doctrines and principles behind it that we need to strengthen to fix our problems. Cool huh?

Well as for my life here in Belize it’s going really well. I can't complain at all. I have a happy family and a healthy one at that. I have friends that love me. I know why I’m here and what I’m doing and I’m not lost like so many more people in this life. I have so many things to be happy about and I choose to dwell on those happy things and not bother getting myself down on the sad ones... =) I choose to be happy.

Everyone should choose the same.

Elder Sutton!!

No comments:

Post a Comment