Monday, August 9, 2010

Aug. 9, 2010

Wow so many things happening back at home.... Well the sad part of my day is estoy enfermo... =[ Well atleast just a baby bit. I'll get better i'm sure. So we got told that our p-day was for writing letters and such and that we aren't supposed to write letters here unless it is p-day so thats why i haven't written you a hand written letter.

To explain what a p-day was we start off getting up at like 6:15 and getting all dressed up and then going to do a session in the Provo temple which always makes us really happy. The only problem is that we have it early in the morning and today i had a tough time staying awake.. Its like eric said morning sessions are very good but they end up making you very tired... Then after that we get time to grab a sack lunch and eat that because unless you are dressed in full missionary atire you can't eat in the cafateria. Its a dedicaded building. So after that we get to do like our laundry which i'm doing right now. My whites and darks are in the washer. Then later at like 6 or something tonight we have like a class with one of our teachers Hermano Bradley or Burhnam. They both really are excelent people and they make my day here.

Lets see, my companion is kinda doing better. Our district is a little roudy and they like to talk instead of getting down to studying. I try and set the example. it'll be no time until we have to start teaching lessons in Espanol. That will be pretty scary. I hope to hear about dad and his new work out slash getting fit schedule. I will pray that that'll work out for him. My spanish is coming along. I'm at the stage where i'm slowing down and not learning so fast. All the easy things are behind me and now i'm learning the difficult things like past and future and uncommon verbs. Thats some pretty tough stuff if i do say so myself!

I probably should tell you now about my list of things that i would like here because this is alot faster then the regular mail. MY LIST:

Pajama bottoms (the ac is always on here at night)

Camera cord (so you can see my pictures and stuff)

Maybe just more random ties

MY BABY BLANKET

Candy and stuff......

More time in the day

MORE SLEEP!!!

That should be just about good for all that i want. =]

Let me think of something exciting that happened this week. OHHHH!!!!!!! We taught our first lesson to a mach investigator last thursday and if megan and amanda remember doing that its where people who are NATIVE SPANISH SPEAKERS come in and our first task was to introduce ourselves in spanish and get to know them in spanish and ask them things about them in spanish and then we would switch rooms and do this all again! That was the highlight of my week. My companion kinda froze a little so i took the reins. hahah But he is from new york and he kinda has the boss attitude and has to ALWAYS be right and ALWAYS get the last word and Always be listened to and be in charge. It made me laugh when he didn't talk much to the investigators...... So back on track after that getting to know you things we left the room for like 5 minutes to prepare the lesson for them and adjust some things to tell them. When we went back in we could teach them in english... LUCKILY. Jared mortensen has to teach in spanish this week and although he is amazing i would be freaking out like he is. Especially if my companion freezes again.... So every thursday we teach people from the community calleed TRC's. So thats the cool slang name for it just in case you wanted to know.....

Well I'lll try and write you a hand written letter today along with my pile of friend letters.... I know family comes first mom ;) hahaha

And just so you know sundays are pretty much the best thing ever. Now that i'm at the MTC i actually listen to the firesides and such and it turns out they really are excelent! They give me hope and courage to keep going on. Then we watched the joseph smith movie the one with our highschool teacher in it.. That was great too....

Ok one last thing... I don't know if eric told you this but the MTC Gets sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo old!!!!!!!!!! like right now i'm just so bored of it. I want to be in El Salvador!!! I don't care that i can't speak the language or all that jazz i'd learn it. I just want to go right this very second.. Some elders from my zone left this morning at like 4 to go spanish speaking in the states and they woke all us up by stomping their feet and such.. I was mad/tired/jealous!!!! Plus some guys from my district... the actual guys we have class with, are going to guatemala like in a week!!! They have an MTC there and right now i really really hate them for that.. Can you all tell that i wanna get outa here!?!?!?! HAHAHAHA Ask eric if you don't believe me. Not that its a problem. the mtc is a fantastic place to be and it is such a great blessing in my life to be here but i'm too close to home right now and i get sad and homesick sometimes. I just need a good kick in the pants sometimes!!!!!!!!! So if i was like in mexico where i would actually do physical work then that would help. ONE hour a day for physical activity is driving me insane. I'm going to call the prophet and tell him that i'm going to kill everyone in my building if i don't get more time. AND I'VE ONLY BEEN HERE TWO WEEKS... hahaha but honestly time is flying. The weeks feel like a day and the days feel like an eternity!!!!

I hope that grandpa is doing okay and maggie is doing good. My family is such a blessing in my life that i wouldn't change for anything... Not for all the money in the world.. Yo se que el Evanjelio es verdadero. Amo mi familia.. Muy muy amo mi familia. Yo se que la fimila es centro para el plan de Dios. Adios.

I love you amanda, megan, maggie, Mom and dad. Send me letters and packages. I might be able to get some free time to write back.

Nos vemos.

No comments:

Post a Comment