Tuesday, November 15, 2011

New Family - Navas

DANG look at how great my family is. All the bishops knew that my family was the best so therefore they made you all talk! But this is like the first time that you have talked in church in quite a while huh, mom? How long has it been? But yeah, I think that my family is the best. My comp also spoke in church here. It was like missionary Sunday here to get the people helping us in the missionary work. =)

1 – You haven’t spoken too much about your companion only that he’s from Panama – what is he like & do you work well together? Are changes coming soon and will lose him?

Well my comp is ending the mission in February so that’s not going to be a lot of time left. I’m almost sure that we are going to be together for another change, but nothing is sure in the mission. He is from the capital of Panama. He loves to play sports mainly soccer and he is pretty good at it. We work soooo hard, he is actually a little down on the weather. But he likes comics which isn’t a problem - I like them too and we laugh a lot. He is the second missionary from his family and he got baptized when he was 11 years old. He thinks that Japanese girls are attractive and wants to marry a white girl or a Japanese.... Weird huh?... but he loves being serious with the elders and sisters in the zone but really he just puts on an angry face and then with me we just have fun. We are working hard in the sun and he says Panama is really hot too. Lots of gringos and lots of Chinese people, because of the Panama Canal. I told him when I’m presidente of the USA I’m going to invade Panama and make it the 51 state. (hahah - just joking.) =P . (Oh, by the way, we have another baptism for this Saturday with a kid named Carlos.)

2 – Do you still have the opportunity to play the piano in church?

No, sadly we have the stake president’s daughter to play. She isn’t good at all - just the right and the left hands play a basic cord, but I told her that she has to do it so that she can get better. Playing in front of the people is the best way to learn. THANKS MOM. =D

3 – Are you allowed to go over to the temple ever on your p-day or any other time?

Supposedly we were going twice in these last months before the new year, but we haven’t gone yet. There is a rule for us that we can only go 2 times every year because the temple is in the other mission..

4 – Have you been on any adventures (like when you went off to the volcano) since you’ve been in this area? Are there even any landmarks that are neat?

Adventures… I haven’t had yet... I feel like my area is an adventure because we just barely got more! So there used to be elders in my area and another area called Santa Emilia. The thing was that president took the elders out of Santa Emilia and told us to go there including our other area so we are running about a million miles an hour to try and cover them all. But Santa Emilia is really poor. Lots of houses made of bags and not a lot of people work.

5 – Were you able to get your pictures copied from your memory card by your friend? Are you saving them all to your hard drive? (We’ve only received pictures once since you’ve been there – you are still there ?.?.?) :P

Well I still haven’t gotten it back from him yet. I still need to pay him for the DVDs. But as soon as I have it I’m going to send it. JUST DONT LOOK AT THEM YET!!!!!! I want to do something cool with all my pictures when I get back and I don’t want you all spoiling the surprises of my pictures. =D

So this week we found lots of people and had lots in the church so if all works out how we plan it then we are going to do some baptizing. But we found a new family, Navas, and they are awesome. We have taught them like 4 times and as soon as we taught them about the Book of Mormon, the girl who is 17 took it to school to read it and she went to church with some of her family.

Well just so you know, grandma I did get your package with the lotion and cologne in it - thanks. And also I’ve gotten some dear elders from Emily and Carissa and I already sent off some letters to Amanda and other people in the family and friends. =) Cool huh?

But yeah, I love the mission. I know that I’m helping people out here to understand how to get the eternal life. It’s not hard to love them. The only hard thing is being in the right places in exactly the right time.

I love you all. I hope we all can receive the blessing that God has for us.


Elder Sutton

No comments:

Post a Comment