Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Address in Belize!!!

Dearly beloved family..

So as you all can see today isn’t Monday so I’m pretty sure that you are all wondering what all happened to me and why I didn’t email you yesterday. So the p-days here are really weird like we do all the regular stuff on Monday like p-day - buy, clean all that just on Tuesdays we write all our families. The thing is that there are some areas like Corazol that are 3 hours away in bus one way! So it’s 6 hours of travel here. So we do everything on Tuesday like we meet together and talk about our investigators and all that, then we go and write...

BUT today was extra special and extra crazy. We had thanks giving dinner. Well Belizean style. It was actually really nice. The senior missionary couple here did the whole thing and then we just ate some good food. Not quite as good as your rolls mom... MMmmmmmm, but still way better than just plain beans! (haha) The food here is a ton different. They don’t really eat beans! So, I’m afraid that I’m going to get even skinnier.

FAMILY AND FREIENDS!!!!!! READ THIS

If you send me mail from the regular address of the mission it won’t get here only when president personally comes here on a plane. So send it to the P.O. box here!

P.O Box 1123

Belize City, Belize, Central America

1 – Did you get a bike?

Yeah, I finally got a bike. I didn’t have to walk for the first time in my life!! I love it, but man it definitely works different muscles. The bike looks a lot like the bike that dad has but they don’t have gears. Not many people here have mountain bikes and stuff like that. OHHH but also, my house is soooooooooo nice. I can see the ocean from my house and it’s so beautiful. I could say that we have one of the nicest houses in the mission. Finally running water and a shower that I don’t have to dump out of a bucket!!! I’m working on the pictures and stuff.

2 – Are you still using your Spanish or do you speak that foreign language “English”?

Well as you know my companion, Elder Rabanales is from Guatemala. Yes, that’s my 4th from there, but he lived in the states and studied there with his family. So he speaks English perfectly, but he sounds like a gringo. =) He was from Sandy then his family moved to Alpine, Utah. But I speak to him a lot in Spanish so I don’t lose it. But a TON of people here speak like 2 or 3 languages. Like all the stores here are owned by the Chinese or the people from India. There are a lot of Latin people. There is a Latin branch here in the same building and then all the people here speak Kriol.......... Man that language is going to be the death of me. Literally it’s a language. When I heard before the mission about it, I thought it would be a lot similar to English - BUT ITS NOT... SURPRISE!!! Sometimes in a lesson a guy will talk to us and tell us a story and I just sit there and I have to look at my companion because I didn’t understand a word of it.... I bet it’s worse because I come from El Salvador and just speaking Spanish, but seriously it’s soooo hard.. hahaha.. but really fun. I love the people here.

3 – Is church big enough for a ward or a branch?

Well, all the churches here are Branches. There aren’t wards here. They don’t exist. But there are two branches in my building - one, English (me) and then the other Spanish. But I love my ward. A LOT of people came this week, 112 people. The church here is so new. It’s been here for 30 years, there are 12 branches and 2 districts, but it’s 3 times bigger than El Salvador and there are like 28 missionaries. (hahaha)

4 – How’s the temperature compared to El Salvador?

Well like these last few days it’s been sooooooooooo cold. Man I have slept with all my clothes on and all that. It’s like a cold spell here but the temperature is about the same as Sonsonate just it’s a different type of heat. Like it’s more of a burning heat and not a humid heat.

5 – Any basketball?

As of right now I haven’t played. We have a basketball court right next to our house and I’m going to play with some of the members here one day. Hopefully on Friday! But the problem is I don’t have shoes...... hahah… I had to leave the ones I bought in El Salvador back there because I was over weight in my bags.... and the problem here is that everything is so expensive here... haha (I don’t mean to whine to you.) It’s just part of life. Maybe I’ll just use my church ones and be intelligent. =P

Well the problem is that Elder Finlinson and Elder Brimley are in the other zone here - Cayo. I’m in Belize City zone. So I don’t see them much just Elder Mendenhall and Elder Winters. Some others too but I’m not sure you know them. =)

I love you all so much and I hope that you had a great Thanksgiving holiday.

Elder Sutton

PS: So put on the "to eat list when I get back"
1. Your cinnamon rolls
2. Your regular rolls with butter. =D
Love your hungry son,
Elder Sutton

No comments:

Post a Comment