Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Great Things Happening

Well things are going great here also. We had quite the crazy week. Actually yesterday we all went and played soccer in the morning on a dirt field with some of our investigators and really it was fun. But man there were some little kids playing and they were pretty good. Still not as good as me, of course, but they did hold their own. The only problem is that I’m pretty sore right now and my face got pretty burned. But definitely it was a lot of fun!

Well that’s good to hear that Megan staying busy. Even if that means that she is going to dances and stuff with boys.. That’s weird to me, I don't know if that’s weird to anyone else?.... (haha) but yeah, I guess that’s part of life....

Well another interesting fact about my week was how we got locked in our house during the elections and we had some sort of rest. I wish I could have slept but things didn't all work out that way and I got other chores done. =) Also I haven't looked in the mail as of yet to see about the package, but I think it should be here by now. haha

Also we have some great things happening in my area this week. We have 3 baptismal dates actually –

1) Levi Gillett, who was living in the states and got to know the missionaries there and took the lessons there, and just came back here to be baptized.

2) Then there is a girl named Alisha Arana who is a granddaughter of a really faithful member in the church but she is over the age of 8 so we are teaching her.

3) And then there is Karl Frutos who is actually deaf but has been going to church for months and he decided to be baptized now. But man it’s definitely fun learning sign language with him.

4) Then we have a great family, the Perez Family, who are going to be baptized on the 24th (Greg and Ruth and their daughter Rosalee). They really are an amazing family!

Well I love the work here! Even though it doesn't sound like it, I really do miss all of you and pray for you every day so that things work out for you. Like I always say, “don't worry about sending me some letters... (haha) I don't get mad.” OH - I did get some from mom and Megan which was a great surprise!!! Thank you so much!

But I know what I’m doing here is what’s the best thing ever I could have done with my life. I know that what I’m teaching is true. I know that there are so many thing that I still can learn in my life and I’m excited to keep on learning them.

God continues to talk to us today. Sometimes we just need to sit still and listen.

Love you All

Elder Sutton

No comments:

Post a Comment