Thursday, March 29, 2012

"Orange Walk"

Well definitely this week has been one of the craziest that I've ever experienced in my life. And I have also decided that I’m never going to go and get married. So as you know or might remember that we had a marriage and baptism of the Perez Family. Man talk about some serious stress....... I now realize how and why there were so many fights and tears shed while you were preparing for the reception. Man, we were preparing since the beginning of the week for this and let me just tell you that at the end it all turned out successful. After everything, a lot of people banded together to help us out and to make it possible. But like I said, I'm not sure about ever getting married... or at least waiting a while.... long while...... hahahah

Also I'll break the bad/good news to you all. Changes are on Wed. and I’m getting transferred..... I'm going to Orange Walk which is like 1.5 hours in bus from the city here. So it’s good and bad. The good thing is that I’ll be close enough and when we do interchanges I will be able to come here and say Hi to everyone that I know. The bad is that I’m going there now and I've got to start the whole ordeal all over again. Getting to know everyone, the members, the house, I know a very little part of the area..... etc.... But I know that it’s what the Lord wants me to do. It’s very hard to get to love the people here and then be taken out.... I honestly do love them..

1 – Where are you going to watch conference this weekend? Do they broadcast all sessions or only Sunday’s?

Well like you know I’m going to be in Orange Walk and I assume that we are going to see it in the church but I'm not even sure where the church is.... But it’s all going to be good. I'm going to be with an Elder named “Elder Ingersoll”... So we'll see how it’s all going.

2 – Do they still have open “sewer-type” gutters that run in the city? (The skin doctor said they were quite gross and he or his companion fell in one once.)

Well yes the sewer system here is not so good. Like on the sides of the streets there are giant gutters that just stagnant water sits in and things fall in and there is usually a nasty smell coming from them. I really really feel bad for his companion that fell in one.... OH and speaking of the skin doctor - I hope that you set up an appointment for me when I get back because not so much my face but my body is kinda breaking out..... =( That was a side note for my mom.... hahaha so ignore that everyone else.

3 – Do you have someone that cleans your apartment or do you actually put your own “elbow grease” into it? You are the clean one – right… :D

Of course your amazing son does it!!! You took all that time to teach me how to do it so I’m the one that puts in the "elbow grease" to make everything look all nice and clean. Plus my companion is really clean, most of the time and together we get everything looking almost new. But really it’s a nice house.

Well here I am yet again on another adventure. At least it’s not that big of a change from here to Orange Walk. But it’s definitely making me sad leaving the people here that I love. I guess there is something for me to do there and that my time here was well spent. At least I believe so.

I Love you all,

Elder Sutton

P.S. Of course Megan is awesome! She does have you two as parents! That’s why I turned out so handsome and smart..... hahah - Or maybe I wish... But really, the parents thing is true.

*Spanish or English in Orange Walk? It’s actually both. That’s the thing here in Belize.. Out of the city its way close to Mexico so they all speak Spanish and English, but with a funny accent in Spanish... hahahah

Pray for me so that things go well in Orange Walk though. =)

*Mail to the same P.O. Box? Yes, it will be the same P.O. Box so it’s all good.

*Will you end up riding the bus into Belize city every week for meetings/mail/writing? Well we'll come here like every other week - whenever we have zone meetings. But it’s going to be alright. I just am thinking of the positive things and not to be sad. =)

But I’ll take lots of pictures don't worry. =)

Love you all and have a great week!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment