Monday, July 4, 2011

Frogs of El Salvador

Haha – man, this morning Elder Mendenhall told me that it was the 4th of July today but it feels like just another p-day to me... (haha) Sadly they aren´t cool here and don´t celebrate any of our holidays. It’s alright! I´m still loving everything here! It’s so awesome and the rain isn´t super hard so my clothes are just a little muddy. =P BUT! I did actually remember it was Jennifer’s birthday yesterday!!!!!!!!!!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!

Well I am actually craving some cobbler right now, I’m not going to lie. I’d probably sell all the clothes I’m wearing right now to eat some, but with some vanilla ice cream! (hahah) No worries, the cobbler isn´t going anywhere; I’m only here for another year..... =( It goes so fast.....

Dang! I remember the cool stuff that we do on the 4th of July. Like we used to go fishing and all of that and watch the fireworks. Last year I went to Tasha’s and with all the guys we partied! I think that was it, or the 24th.. (hahah - such a great memory I have huh? I blame my genes.... =P Just kidding, mom and dad.) MAN!!! Plus you’re going to St. George! I remember when we went there and saw Tarzan! Every time someone sings Tarzan here I always think of our last trip there and then the movie we saw. Just so you know, mom and dad, even the little trips that we went on really mean a lot to me and I remember them - the time that we spent together. That’s one thing I’m going to do with my family in like 10 years or more. Go on trips! IT’S AWESOME!

1 – Tell us a little about your new mission president…. (his family, any new rules, etc.)

Well President Cordon... haha well I’d say he is like 180 degrees different then our last president. President Lopez was awesome but more like military strict and President Cordon is more of love us and we work that way. But don´t get me wrong, neither of them are slackers. We are working hard. President Cordon worked in the temple of Guatemala for like years and years and his family are all book worms. They love to read etc. The cool thing is that they know English really well. So if I need to I can speak to them in English, even though i don´t know why... hahah

2 - Do any of the building in your town have air conditioning?

Air conditioning.... well there are places that have like a swamp cooler system, but not many of them. The people here just decide (mainly guys) to pull up their shirts and walk around with their big guts sticking out. Haha - it’s their air conditioning!

3 – Are you still in a house with another companionship?

Yeah I’m with my comp Elder Feliz and then Elder Navarro (from here) and Elder Mendenhall from Alpine, Utah, who played BYU football. =) But everyone can speak English here but Elder Feliz!!! (Elder Navarro went to Belize and learned really well)

4 – Is your companion from a big family? What is his home like in the Dominican Republic?

Well I don´t know a whole ton; he has 1 sister and 1 brother, and his parents are converts. But he got baptized at 8 years. So it’s all that. He says the Dominican Republic is really big. Like bigger then Cuba and here. But it rains a lot there! And there is even a temple there and an MTC! SO the church is pretty well off there!

5 – Do you ever see strange animals like monkeys or anything else there?

Strange animals..... Well not too much because I’m in the city, but we hear lots of frogs at night. Like it’s ridiculous how much of noise they make! Literally overpowering. The hard part is catching the stupid things because like a child, I still like playing with frogs.. ahah I did catch one though and named it like Wilson and I put it in our house and when we came back we lost him and found him out on the back patio! I still haven´t grown out of that yet. I think catching tadpoles and all that is one thing I’m never going to grow out of! Maybe when I get back we can grab the butterfly nets and get some for our pond. =P

Well that’s okay about my new debit card! I´ll wait until Mrs. Ferrin comes then. I have some time! =P I´ll be super excited for my package when it comes though! But I ate one hamburger helper that you guys sent me last night, something with potatoes and cheese or something, (hahah - I don’t know) It was good; I just had to put some barbeque sauce on it. =P The only thing I could want would be some aftershave... I don´t know if you could send me that. If not, I’ll just keep looking here. It’s not a priority at all just something i would like - it can be cheap stuff too.

Well, love you all and I wish you all a super fantastic 4th of July!

ELDER SUTTON

No comments:

Post a Comment