Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Duck Feathers...


Well now the month of April has flown by.  I am agreeing with all of you that it is flying by!  Someone put the days on “slow down” because this is ridiculous!  

But don't worry, I have had my fair share of early mornings lately. Not quite as bad as Megan’s but definitely early, like 4 or 5 in the morning.  But just so everyone knows I’m beginning to be a morning person!  I know how I used to be such a night bug but now I’m converting into a morning person.  I still don't like it but I actually can hold a conversation with my companion.

Well that’s pretty crazy how everyone is talking about the end of the mission.  I remember just the other day when I saw both Damon and Chris in the MTC and we hung out in the buildings with them.  It’s hard to think that the mission is almost over for them.  (Thank goodness I get to stay on mine for the rest of my life)  But speaking of Kevin Tyler, I’ve emailed him like 2 or 3 times and I'm not getting anything of a response from him.  I don't know what’s going on?  Maybe he just never uses his email or something.

1 – How was your meeting/interview with Pres. Cordon?  Is he happy with you and your work?
Well the meeting was pretty great with Pres. Cordon – I’m not going to lie. But that was one of those days where we got up at 4 so that we could get the 5”30 bus out of Orange Walk.  There is no better way to spend your morning but riding on an old school bus a few hours!!!  But the meeting was very insightful; I learned some great things - one of the things that most stuck out to me was this.  If we are afraid to make mistakes it’s because we don't have faith in the cleansing and strengthening power of the atonement....  I was thinking that over my head as president was talking.  If I’m running around scared all day long of making mistakes or saying something wrong to someone, I won't ever get to reach my maximum potential because that fear will create barriers in my life.  Also, he brought a bag of candy to eat too so apart from the very much needed rest from my silver stallion (My bike) I got to eat some good food.

2 – Were you lucky enough to receive your package with SHOES, etc.?
YES!!!  I was probably the luckiest Elder here because everyone was gathered around as I looked at them.  I haven't used them yet or eaten anything from it, but I usually save those for the special days.. YOU know. =)
THANK YOU SO MUCH MY LOVED FAMILY (and maybe friends too)

3 – How long has Elder Ingersoll been out?  Has he ever served in El Salvador?
He has been out 10 months now on the mission.  If I’m not wrong I was in Atiquizaya when I had 10 months in the mission.  But yeah he actually was there before he came here to Belize.  He has been in Belize for 2 changes now - 3 months real people time.
The crazy part is that his brother is getting married this month and it’s funny to hear all the stress his family is going through with the wedding.  The good old days when Amanda got married...  GOOD THING I"M NOT GETTING MARRIED HUH MOM. =)  I think my brain would just go nuts if I had to deal with all that. 
p.s. Thanks for getting married when I was home Amanda/Eric.


4 – Are you able to keep up on your Spanish or will you need a refresher (you know I took 2 years of Spanish in Jr. High – hahaha)?

actualmente la mayoria de personas aqui en Orange Walk hablan los dos idiomas.  So whenever you want you can go talk to someone in cualquier idioma!  Yo creo que mi espanol esta bien.  No estoy seguro pero las personas me entienden a mi y yo a ellos entonces todo esta bien!
So I think and hope that my Spanish is going well.  If not I’ll go find some people there to practice with.  I'm learning the lingo that they use in Mexico so that when I go there I'll talk like the natives!

I think that the elder's name from Honeyville is Elder Taylor? I think.... 

SOO story time.  So we went to persons house last night and we were going to teach her a lesson because she FINALLY went to church after almost 2 months of not going. So when we sat down on her sofas some boy came in the house and said that one of her ducks had escaped the yard and was running rampid in the streets eating little children and animals.. (ok maybe I added that last part to make it more interesting) but we went on the hunt with this lady.  When we finally found the duck, the member began to tell us that we now need to cut its feathers off so that It won't fly away anymore... That was pretty weird for me, because I’ve never done that before in my life.  So after we finished with that one we decided to grab some more of them to cut off... BUT the ducks had different ideas; they didn't want to be caught.  (I imagine because earlier that afternoon this member ate 2 of them, I’d be afraid too if I was a duck..) But we preceded to try and wrangle them up cattle style with this member and after a lot of feathers and sweat we got them all with their feathers cut off and no injuries. 
A day in the life of a missionary in Orange Walk! =D

I hope you loved my story plus my added comments. =)
I love you all and I am thankful for everyone that reads my blog! 
I hope that life is great for you all. I pray daily for you!

Love Elder Sutton

No comments:

Post a Comment